TO ALL WAAC ARTISTS:
Call for submissions
Vital Signs Online Exhibit:
Selected WAAC work will be also be installed in the Ruth Upjohn Gallery
The Hello Space Gallery (H Gallery) is an alternative, community-based gallery place, located in Seoul, Korea. The Women’s Art Association of Canada (WAAC) is an historical organization with a community-based gallery and event space dedicated to supporting the arts. This is an open call for all members including BIPOC, LGBTQ2+, men and women.
Vital Signs focuses on the impact of climate change. Just as vital signs are a key aspect of monitoring bodily needs, vital signs also show up as dangerous weather conditions affecting the body of mother earth. Vital Signs is a virtual exchange exhibition collaboration between WAAC and H Gallery to introduce works by Korean and Canadian artists.
WAAC is pleased to offer this opportunity for our artists to be represented in South Korea for the first time.
Submitted works by WAAC members will be selected by Korean jurors and exhibited online at both galleries. WAAC artists’ works will also be installed in the Ruth Upjohn Gallery (RUG).
1.Eligibility for application: painting, photography and sculpture.
2. H Gallery and WAAC will have their own jurors. Canadian jurors will select Korean artists and Korean jurors will select WAAC artists.
3. Application fee: $50 per three works (non-refundable)
4. Competition maximum work size: 22 x 16 cm (9” x 6”) unframed
5. Submission: One PDF file (images sent separately, see below)
- Image details: title, size, price, medium
- Artist BIO (150 words maximum. Include website & contact information)
- Artist statement (150 words maximum)
- Images sent separately, (jpg., 2 MB maximum, sRBG)
labeled with LAST NAME OF ARTIST and TITLE of WORK
6. Submission due date: May 30.
7. Presentation of results: Announcement June 15 of selected artists’ works
8. Exhibition on WAAC and H Gallery website and social media July 1.
9. Exhibition of WAAC artists in RUG July 1.
Send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with a $50 application fee. The submissions will be forwarded to H-Space jurors.