- This event has passed.
April 5 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
One event on March 31, 2021 at 5:00 pm
One event on April 5, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Each workshop will feature a guest artist talk by a Canadian artist who will discuss AI, algorithmic intervention, data, and media in their art practice. Artists include:
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is designed for teenagers aged 13-17 years old.
What materials do I need to take part?
- A stable connection to the internet.
- A laptop or computer.
- A microphone is mandatory.
- A webcam is recommended, if possible.
- 15 minutes: Guest artist talk
- 60 minutes: Live coding workshop, using ml5.js and p5.js
- 15 minutes: Group critique and review of artworks created
About the libraries:
ml5.js provides immediate access in the browser to pre-trained machine learning models for detecting human poses, generating text, styling an image with another, composing music, pitch detection, and common English language word relationships, and much more.
This workshop is offered free of charge through funding from Canada Council for the Arts (CCA) and the federal government’s CanCode program, and supported by the Canadian Commission for UNESCO (CCUNESCO).