Log onto ZOOM for attendance at 10:30 a.m. The meeting starts promptly at 11:00 a.m.
Join Zoom Meeting
Dial by your location
+1 647 558 0588 Canada
+1 647 374 4685 Canada
Meeting ID: 837 3281 0438
Click on the links to view a pdf of each document.
You may print them if desired for the meeting on November 12, 2020.
Roberts Rules of Order for making a motion and voting
The Chair of the 2020 Annual General Meeting is President Maggie Broda
Let’s begin today by acknowledging that we are meeting on aboriginal land that has been in habited by Indigenous peoples from the beginning. We’re grateful for the opportunity to meet here and we thank all the generations of people who have taken care of this land – for thousands of years. In particular, we acknowledge the treaty of the dish with one spoon. We recognize and deeply appreciate the historic connection to this place. We also recognize the contributions that the Métis, Inuit, and other Indigenous peoples have made, both in shaping and strengthening this community and our province and country as a whole. This recognition of the historic importance of Indigenous peoples must also be clearly and overtly connected to our collective commitment to make the promise and the challenge of Truth and Reconciliation real in our communities.
President’s opening remarks to the members
July 2020, the Board approved a New Mission statement and the Top Two Key Priorities for the association.
The remainder of the plan is meant to guide the Board going forward on how to best address the priorities.
President Maggie Broda will ask that the AGM meeting minutes November 13, 2019 be accepted
- MOTION: Be it resolved that the November 13, 2019 minutes be accepted
Treasurer Helga Scott will present the following MOTIONS:
- MOTION: Be it resolved that the appointed Auditors for the fiscal year 2020-21 be
Hogg, Shain & Sheck Professional Corporation, CPAs Tax/Audit/Advisory
- MOTION: Be it resolved that the 2019-20 Audited Financial Statements be accepted.
Past President Dale Butterill will present the following MOTION:
- MOTION: By-law No. 5 being a by-law to further amend By-law No. 3 as amended by By-law No. 4. Be it enacted as a by-law of the Corporation that Bylaw No. 3 be amended as follows: CLICK HERE for the full resolution to be adopted
By-law No. 4 adopted December 5, 2018 for member information
Standing Committee Reports
- Arts Committee submitted by Co-Chairs and Directors Dale Butterill and Carolyn Jongeward
- House Committee submitted by Chair and Director Helga Scott
- Membership Committee submitted by Co-Chair Membership and Director Marilyn Halley
- What is “Chat Line?” summitted by Co-Chair Membership Director Joanne Nelson
- Scholarship Committee submitted by Chair and Director Nina Tschupikow
President Maggie Broda will ask that the Standing Committee Reports be accepted
- MOTION: Be it resolved that the Standing Committee Reports be accepted
Special Committee Reports
- Accessibility& Building Committee submitted by Secretary and Director Danielle Fraser
- Events & Planning Committee submitted by Chair and Director Suzanne Miller
- PITCH IN fundraising report by Director Anne Morison
- Library Committee submitted by Chair Cheryl Gorman
- Marketing Report submitted by Chair and 2nd VP Ingrid Hamilton
- Permanent Collections report submitted by Chair and Director Barbara Mitchell
President Maggie Broda will ask that the Special Committee Reports be accepted
- MOTION: Be it resolved that the Special Committee Reports accepted
Board of Directors Election
Nominating Committee Report submitted by Past President Dale Butterill
The election will proceed under the direction of the Chair of the Nominating Committee, Dale Butterill
New Nominee to the Board, Yim Chan
Other Business as may arise
President’s closing and adjournment of the AGM
Immediately following the AGM, the New Board of Directors will convene via another ZOOM call to appoint the Officers, Standing Committee Chairs, and Special Committee Chairs