WAAC Member & Artist Jack Gilbert announces Call for Entry: Ina Gilbert Visual Artist Award 2022, in honour of his wife, Ina, herself a distinguished artist whose art practice spanned more than 50 years and covered a wide range of media including etching, modular art, photography, and digital works.
WAAC Member & Artist Jack Gilbert
Call for Entry
The Arts and Letters Club of Toronto Foundation requests nominations of artists who are not Club members for The Ina Gilbert Visual Arts Award. The winner will receive:
- $1,000 (Cdn), generously bestowed by Arts & Letters Club member Jack Gilbert to honour the variety of work in the practice of his
artist wife Ina spanning more than 50 years.
- A one-year Guest Pass to the Club, an age-determined membership value of up to $1,385.
- Exhibiting of the winning entry from June 26-Sept. 10 2022 at the Arts and Letters Club at 14 Elm St., Toronto, along with the works of 3 semi-finalists in the foyer of the Club, and in the Club’s online gallery.
Nominations must be made by Arts and Letters Club members of a resident Canadian artist whose work covers a variety of media.
Nominees must not be members of the Club but have been practising artists for at least 5 years.
Arts & Letters Club members may not apply themselves, but may nominate a worthy (non-club member) artist of their choice.
- A single piece of work per artist may be submitted digitally, the original not exceeding 36” x 48” with closing date of June 8, 2022
- The work should demonstrate the artist’s skill in creating abstract or representational unique work with whatever media are used, digitally or traditionally, for example, painting, drawing, printmaking, sculpture, digital art, collage, and photography.
- Nominees are asked to submit one jpeg of high resolution if a two-dimensional work, and two jpegs if a three-dimensional work.
- There is no entry fee.
The winners will be announced officially through the Toronto Arts & Letters Club Foundation on June 26, 2022.
To see more information about the Call for Entry, please click here.
To see more information on the artist, please click here.